Arts facility and events space, based in Bristol City Centre
Venue > The Island
Multi-use creative spaces
We are a studio complex, arts facility and events space, based in the Old Bridewell Police Station in Bristol city centre.
The Island is part of Artspace Lifespace. The charity recycles vacant, underused and problem properties into thriving creative resources. We host over 100 resident artists and boast a Circus Training Space, Dance Studio, artist studios, music studios, and a spacious art gallery.
We encourage people to wear masks in our buildings and ask that people do not visit if they feel unwell.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for our full COVID safety measures.
Venues at The Island
The Dance Space runs a wide variety of classes and training sessions as well as being available for private hire.
Circus Training Space
The Island Circus Training Space offers many classes in circus-related disciplines, including silks, rope, aerial hoop, trapeze and acro yoga.
A beautiful large white and bright hireable gallery space with lantern ceiling and ancillary room located on the first floor of The Island.
The Island Venue
The licensed venue is available to host immersive performance, talks, exhibition and nightclub events.
Island Artist Studios
Work along side like minded creative people
- Kill The Bill – Mapping Bristol Through The Lens Of A Protesting CrowdThe theme of the Kill the Bill movement was very relevant to the overall objectives of the project, as this is a protest in defence of the right to protest freely in the future.
- Notice for an Annual General Meeting for Artspace Lifespace CIONOTICE OF MEETING NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of Artspace Lifespace will be held via zoom at 18:00 on Wednesday the 6th December to transact the following business. AGENDA Introductions and welcome from AGM Chair Apologies for absence Minutes of the previous AGM To be agreed and matters arising. Presentation of […]
- Artspace November 2023 HighlightsWe’re giving you Love Bites , Fire Ceremonies and art from Desert Communities across our venues this month.
- Low Impact Events Design and BuildFrom Santa’s grotto to a secret festival venue we all love a creative ‘pop-up’ event but what happens to the scenery once the lights go down? Due to its temporary nature the events industry is notoriously wasteful. While there’s a lot of work going on to reduce the majority of waste generated by food and […]
- October 2023 NewsletterOctober brings a Tango festival to Arts Mansion, an exhibition by UWE’s Unconventional Computing Lab and a 💩 load of electronica to The Island Venue.